Tuesday 24 June 2014

My first taste of Venice

Having arrived on the train early in the morning, I had today and two more days in Venice before heading to Rome. There isn't a massive amount to see in Venice either - just like in Vienna, it's more about experiencing the culture. Despite that I was sure I would do lots of walking.

My first day of Venice photos are now on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/81692166@N05/sets/72157645471497911/

Almost all the locals in Venice have a view of at least one canal from one of their windows. The Airbnb I was staying at was no exception:

The view from my bedroom window

After I got to my Airbnb place, I had some catch-up time and had some lunch, which was a leftover croissant, an apple, and a chocolate.

Today's lunch

After said catch-up time, I headed out into the streets. It's incredibly easy to get lost here, even the locals get lost almost every day, as some streets dead-end, and some go to the middle of nowhere. I satisfied myself by wandering around the area near Rialto Bridge. I knew I would be back at some stage to take the 'money shot' that everyone takes while they're in Venice:



My favourites from day 1 in Venice

Dinner today was a street food joint selling hot pizza rolls. The roll certainly wasn't amazing but filled a hole until breakfast the next morning:

Pizza roll

After picking up a gelati, I noticed that there was a storm approaching. Apparently the summer storms in Venice are quite bad:

A storm approaches

That's all for today. Another relaxing day of walking in Venice tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment